Social Science Careers in Missouri
The field of Social Sciences is one that causes much confusion for those unfamiliar with the term. While this field is certainly a science by any measure, it is one that is outside of the realm of Natural Sciences (e.g. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, etc.). Conversely, the field of Social Sciences covers a large array of different sub-fields including:
As you can see, there are many different avenues one can take to obtain a career in Social Sciences. Which one you choose solely depends on what type of career you are looking for.
Potential Careers in Social Sciences for Missouri Online Graduates
You can obtain a Social Sciences degree from one of the many trusted online schools in Missouri, but for now take a moment to discover a few positions you can obtain thanks to a career of your choice in Social Science:
- A sociologist studies social behavior by analyzing different demographics in a given area. A sociologist may study churches, businesses, political parties, or other groups to discover the answers to questions regarding society as a whole.
- Do you love learning and telling others about history? Then a career as a historian may be in your in your best interest. Different than a history instructor, a historian’s duties are to conduct research and detail his findings for the general populous. A degree in history is usually required.
- With a degree in psychology, you will have the luxury of becoming a therapist/counselor (or even a psychologist if you choose). In this role, you will give patients guidance to ensure that they are able to live their lives normally once again. From school counseling to adult counseling, there are a wide variety of careers for those looking to help others through psychology.
- Do you want to make the world a safer place for children in your community? What about improving your community by helping the less fortunate? Then a degree in social work may be in your best interest. With a career in Social Services, you will gain the ability to help ensure that the children and adults in your area are living in a safe environment. If you enjoy helping others, a career in social services may be the ideal career for you.
Despite the type of career you choose in the Social Sciences, one thing is true: if you have a genuine interest in people in general, you will find the field of Social Sciences to be infinitely rewarding, no matter which degree or career you choose.
Obtaining a Social Science Degree via an Online School in Missouri
Some of the most reputable universities and colleges in the Midwest are located in the great state of Missouri. Unfortunately, not everyone has the luxury of attending a traditional on-campus institution. Fortunately, there are a few online colleges in Missouri that will be worthy of your attention as you undergo the process of finding a suitable school.
For individuals who want to progress their education on their own time, choosing online Social Science schools in Missouri can be a hassle. Thankfully, there are many credible online colleges in Missouri such as:
- University of Phoenix
- Keiser University
- Walden University
- Ashford University
- Kaplan University
From careers in general Social Science studies to religious studies and even careers as an occupational therapist or a counselor, these online universities in Missouri will provide you with a level of education that will help you to succeed for a lifetime.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average income for an individual with a degree in a Social Science is $58,000. The following are a few career options along with their average annual income:
- Mental health and substance abuse social workers: $34,260
- Clinical, counseling, and school psychologists: $60,050
- Educational, vocational, and school counselors: $46,750
Whether you are hoping to work for a company in need of a Social Sciences professional or simply want to open your own practice and help people better their lives, there are many career options to choose from in the field of Social Sciences. From learning about the history of a particular subject to analyzing various demographics and even helping children and families live a healthy and productive life, there are literally countless career paths one can choose. No matter where you are located in Missouri, there is a community that needs the aid of someone with a Social Science degree, making this one of the most flexible yet rewarding degrees you can obtain via an online college in Missouri.