Business & MBA
Business and MBA Careers in Missouri
The lucrative nature of business and MBA careers make this field a very competitive yet rewarding career path. Whether you are interested in pursuing a career as a Human Resources director for a successful company or wish to be an Education Administrator for one of the many school districts and universities in Missouri, students who graduate with a business and MBA degree have the potential to find a career they will find satisfying and exciting. If you are a natural leader and want to make the work lives of your employees rich and fulfilling, this is likely the career path for you!
Careers For Business and MBA Missouri Online Graduates
Thanks to Missouri’s strong economy, there is a wide array of businesses and corporations that are always expanding in the Show-Me state. Because Missouri’s strongest industries are transportation equipment, food processing, chemicals, electrical equipment, and more (industries which are highly popular around the world), companies that specialize in these industries are always expanding. With so many companies specializing in industries of this nature, a graduate who is attempting to find a job using their business and MBA degree will likely find a career path they will enjoy early in their search. Individuals who are interested in pursuing a business and MBA degree via one of the online schools in Missouri will want to keep the following fields in mind:
- An individual who chooses to pursue an MBA in Accounting could have the potential to work in public, private, or government accounting. Responsibilities would likely include preparing taxes, financial tracking, and even accounting consultancy.
- For a business to be successful, it needs to employ individuals that know the ins and outs of the financial market. This is where an investment banker comes into play as they will know exactly which investments to pursue and which ones to avoid.
Information Technology Manager
- Do you have a passion for technology and the ability to be a leader? If so, you may want to think about a career as an Information Technology Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing technical projects, supervising IT employees, and managing the information systems that make the day-to-day operations of a business a reality.
- Advertisements are crucial to the success of a company. By obtaining a Marketing MBA at one of the many online colleges in Missouri, you will be able to lend your expertise and help companies develop the best advertisements in order to capture the attention of viewers everywhere.
Human Resources Manager
- Do you care about making the work environment for your employees a comfortable and stress-free place? Then you may want to consider a human resources career path via an online school in Missouri.
Obtaining a Business and MBA Degree at a Missouri Online School
Sometimes life doesn’t give you the opportunity to attend a campus and earn your degree. If you find yourself in this situation, rest assured that there are other options for achieving you goals including the opportunity to an online business and MBA college in Missouri. Luckily, there are a variety of online schools in Missouri to choose from such as Kaplan University, for instance. Here, you will have the opportunity to earn one of many different types of MBAs including an MBA in Human Resources, Marketing, Project Management, as well as a generic MBA.
Walden University is another online college in Missouri that you can attend to obtain an MBA. Walden University offers a variety of programs, including (but of course, not limited to), an MBA in Leadership. Finally, Baker College Online offers an assortment of MBAs for students to pursue including an MBA in Business Intelligence, Health Care Management, HR Management, and Accounting.
According to a 2008 survey, business professionals in Missouri exceeded an annual salary of approximately $57,930. Below are a few business and MBA career opportunities in Missouri along with the expected average salary as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Engineering Managers: $106,030
- Financial Managers: $107,060
- Sales Managers: $107,150
- General and Operations Managers: $94,920
- Marketing Managers: $104,750
The business world is always in need of leaders. Therefore, it’s smart to consider attending one of the many online business and MBA colleges in Missouri. If you do not have the opportunity to attend a physical college and obtain your education via the traditional route, an online school in Missouri will allow you to earn your business and MBA degree on your own time. Once you earn your degree and learn the skills needed to be successful, you will be ready to begin the path of a successful career that will transform your life—and your finances—for the better!