5 Top Attractions in Missouri
Beautiful Missouri has many historic and thrilling state attractions for visitors to experience! Caves, zoos, museums, shopping districts, restaurants, and parks all dot the lovely state and provide hours of entertainment for residents and tourists, alike. If you want to go on a family vacation, consider traveling to Missouri and experience some of the best cultural and educational spots in the country!
1. The Gateway Arch. This iconic monument is one of the most recognizable structures in the United States. In 1967 this monument was erected to honor those who braved the frontier in the process of Westward expansion. Standing 630 feet tall, this towering monument is the highest free standing monument in the United States. Over 4 million people visit the arch every year and take the ride up to the thrilling observation deck, 630 feet into the sky! Overlooking Missouri and the Mississippi River is a breathtaking experience that everyone should enjoy at least once.
2. Anheuser-Busch Brewery.The famous brewery is located in historic Saint Louis, Missouri. If you want a unique experience, take the tour of this facility and enjoy all that is offered! The St. Louis Beer Master Tour consists of a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process. You will get to experience the Primary Fermentation Cellar, the Brew House, the Large Cellar, the Packaging Facility, the Finishing Cellar, the Budweiser Clydesdale Stables and Tack Room, and top it all off with a sampling from a finishing tank. Each guest leaves with wonderful memories and a variety of gifts. Another offering is the beer school which is a 30 minute class dealing with specific brews and perfect food pairings. Tourists aged 21 and over get to participate and leave with a new knowledge of beer and some parting gifts!
3. Bass Pro Shops. The Bass Pro Shop in Missouri is the largest of their stores and is quite a sight to behold. Not only does this shop offer a full selection of clothing, sporting equipment, fishing equipment, and guns; they also boast a breathtaking building with interesting displays, a huge aquarium, and a full service restaurant with a mouthwatering selection of appetizers, breakfast and lunch buffets, and lovely dinner menus. There are special events and classes throughout the month offered at the Shop.
4. Mark Twain Cave Complex. This landmark was first registered in 1886 and has been attracting visitors ever since. Consisting of Mark Twain Cave and Cameron Cave, this complex offers hours of fun and memory making sights! Kids can whitewash fences just like Tom Sawyer, participate in frog jumping, go on lantern tours, and enjoy period dress and times. The twisting caverns provide hours of enjoyment. Cameron Cave was discovered later and has many more passages than Mark Twain Cave.
5. Worlds of Fun, Oceans of Fun. This amusement park is a great place for a family vacation! Worlds of Fun have over 40 rides of varying degrees of intensity. Seven world class coasters are found here along with other thrill rides, family rides, and a whole park filled with Peanuts characters. Oceans of Fun have acres of thrilling and relaxing water rides for the whole family. This vast water park has wave pools, waterslides, vertical drops, and lazy rivers to enjoy !